Your locket is designed to be worn every day. It should be treated with care and respect and will bring you many years of joy and delight. We recommend the following care:
- Whilst not being worn we recommend storing your loquet in its original box.
- In order to keep your Loquet in beautiful condition we recommend that you do not wear it whilst in water.
- Clean your loquet by rubbing it with a dry lint-free cloth
- Should your loquet require tougher cleaning please use a professional jewellery service
- If your loquet is accidentally damaged any good quality jeweller can make repairs or you can return it to Loquet London for repair at a cost of £100 + shipping. Please note that due to the nature of the product and the fact that each piece is hand made this process may take up to 8 weeks. Before returning please email firstname.lastname@example.org for return instructions.
Due to the metallic compositions of the gold charms, tarnishing although rare may occur over time. Should this happen we recommend the following care:
- To clean charms that do not include any soft gemstones, pearls or crystals put the charm into warm sudsy water containing a few drops of mild dishwashing liquid and rub gently with your fingers or a cotton swab.
- Rinse your charms thoroughly with warm water and dry with a cotton cloth. Avoid using paper products such as tissues as they contain particles of wood that can scratch the gold's surface.
- Before storing, let the charms lie flat and air dry completely, overnight if possible. Moisture speeds the tarnishing process so it's important to make sure your charms are dry before putting back into your locket.
- Should your charms require tougher cleaning please use a professional jewellery service or you can return them Loquet London for repair (fees and shipping apply)